Kris Jones Interview with SEO Expert and WordPress Plugin Guru YoastGet a free consultation
The Yoast.com Blog posted an interview today (read it here) between myself and SEO Expert Joost de Valk.
Over the last decade Joost de Valk (more commonly referred to as “Yoast”) has become one of the most prominent SEO experts in the world and has gained a bit of fame within the WordPress community as one of the true experts when it comes to building WordPress Plugins (especially for search and video optimization).
For instance, the Yoast SEO Plugin is the top SEO Plugin in the world with over 15,000,000 installs.
There is even a super popular Yoast Local SEO Plugin that you can download here. The Local SEO Plugin follows all of the best practices as outlined within the LSEO Local SEO Software.
I can’t help but also mention that I’ve known Joost for about a decade and he just so happens to be one of my true brothers from the annual SEOktoberfest conference held each year in conjunction with Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany.
Check out the interview here to get my answers to the following 5 questions:
1. If you can only focus on 3 local SEO strategies, what should they be?
2. Why do I still see spammy footer ridden sites with links to every single local town ranking locally?
3. What are the 5 best ways to ensure a good and stable position in local SERPS?
4. How can we optimize meta and title description for local SEO?
5. Is it still possible to rank well for local search terms, while your business is not physically located in that area?
Hope you enjoy!