How committed are you to learning everything you can about Local Search Engine Optimization (LSEO)?
The good news is that there are a plethora of resources available to help you learn how to rank higher on Google.
Today’s post is dedicated to sharing with you the resources I use on a daily basis to keep my pulse on the Local SEO space and to continue my own education.
Note one important thing about SEO that is likely to never change – SEO is a dynamic industry.
Google makes changes often and those changes may have a direct impact on how your business ranks within the search results.
You can’t be complacent.
Since Local SEO is ever changing it’s important to have a strategy to stay informed and learn the specific steps you need to take if your business is ever impacted negatively because of a Google change.
Without further adieu, here are my top 7 resources to stay informed on the topic of Local Search Engine Optimization (LSEO):
– The SEJ Local Search Channel features top Local SEO Experts such as John Rampton, Matt Southern, and Bernadette Coleman. You’ll also see some contributions from yours truly in the coming weeks – stay tuned!
– The SEW Local Channel covers a wide range of local digital marketing tactics and strategies, including Local SEO. Contributing Local SEO Experts include Adam Dorfman, Jessica Lee, and SEO and Analytics legend Thom Craver. SEW is a subsidiary of Incisive Media who runs the very popular Search Engine Strategies (SES) and ClickZ LIVE conferences.
– The Search Engine Land Local Channel is a great resource for all things local search, including how to guides, as well as extensive content around optimizing for Google and Bing Maps. Search Engine Land was founded by search industry luminaries Danny Sullivan and Chris Sherman who also run the very popular Search Marketing Expo (SMX) conferences.
– MOZ Local (formerly GetListed.org which MOZ acquired) provides a treasure trove of solid content around local SEO. The “local” division of MOZ is headed by David Mihm, one of the most respected Local SEO professionals in the business. In addition to the annual Local SEO Ranking Factors study the MOZ Blog covers a multitude of Local SEO topics.
(5) LSEO Blog
– The LSEO Local SEO Blog is focused on helping small and medium sized business owners rank higher on Google and increase overall visibility. Posts like this one are meant to serve as step-by-step guides to help businesses save time and money on SEO.
(6) Local SEO Guide
– Local SEO Guide is Andrew Shotland’s blog on local search optimization, small business marketing & search engine optimization strategy.
– Yoast has become synonymous with WordPress SEO having built the most popular SEO and Local SEO plugin for WordPress. If your website leverages WordPress you should bookmark the Yoast Blog to stay current on WordPress SEO.