Where Content Marketing and Social Media Meet
Should your digital marketing strategy focus on increased brand authority or exposure; audience retention or expansion; push or. pull marketing? Why limit your marketing scope to one field, when content marketing and social media go together like peanut butter and jelly (or pretty much anything and hot sauce, if you’re like me).
Social media marketing expands the reach of content marketing and high quality content helps retain your social media following to foster brand loyalty. Used hand-in-hand, both marketing strategies are effective means for audience engagement and brand promotion.
High quality content is shareable and SEO trends reflect this notion. Leverage social media analytics software to provide a better understanding of your audience to create content around. Discover issues important to your industry and create awareness around your community through your content to curate inbound leads.
Actionable Strategies for a Multi-Channel Approach
- Leverage a social media campaign to promote content and consider some paid media
- Republish or update old, evergreen content to gather more reach out of existing pieces
- Include social share buttons on all social media pages for easy content promotion and a comments section for involvement
- Include backlinks to existing content on social media posts to gather relevant traffic for your site
- Segment existing content based on shareability for promotion strategies
Not all content marketing strategies perform the same over some social media and most social networks have strict limits on what forms of content they specialize in. Each of these marketing strategies should be included in your overall digital marketing strategy. Social media extends the reach of your organic SEO strategy across a new channel and content marketing helps your business distribute more qualitative information to nurture inbound leads. Focusing your resources to accommodate both strategies will scale both fields as a result.